Hello there , G mirza here
So today I’m back with another recipe! the extremely tempting ” Fasolia ” pronounced “فاصوليا” in arabic , this is one of my favourite middle eastern dishes , It goes great with shai Adeni ( tea adeni ) Aden is a city in Yemen.
Me and my parents go to the traditional Yemeni restaurant quite often , we’re absolutely in love with everything about it , but after a while , I thought why not make it at home!
The ingredients are super simple , and this recipe turned out close to the Fasolia I had at the restaurant.
so here are the simple ingredients you’re gonna need:
1 cup red beans ( or you can use three store bought cans )
1 green pepper
1 big onion
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tomato paste
salt to taste
a pinch of black pepper
1 teaspoon powdered cumin
1 teaspoon paprika or red chilli powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
Now heres how you make it:
- put the beans in a pressure cooker with 5 cups of water.
- Thinly slice the onion and chop the green pepper , fry in oil until soft.
- add the chopped tomato , garlic , spices and and tomato paste , add a cup of water , cook until it turns into a thick tomato soup.
- When the beans are cooked , drain them and pour into the tomato soup , ( no need to drain the store bought cans , you can just pour them in directly )
- cook the beans in the tomato soup on medium heat for 5-10 minutes and mash a portion of them leaving some beans whole.
- serve the Fasolia in a tradional clay pot garnished with corriander or parsley.
So yeah guys that was my latest recipe , I hope you enjoyed it , do let me know what you think about it!
please subscribe to my blog to get notified for new blog posts
hope your having a great day ❤